Engineering is one of the most pursued career options available in India. To get admission in a renowned institution, one has to go through various entrance examinations. Most of these tests are held at an all-India level, but some are also based on the state level. Take a look at some of the most famous engineering entrance tests held in India to seek admission in all branches of B. Tech and M. Tech.
- JEE mains: This test is previously known as All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE). Candidate those come under top 1.5 lakh aspirants get a chance to appear for JEE advanced level. JEE Advanced is the next stage to get the admission in engineering college. Students can get JEE advanced 2016 solutions online for better preparation. But the first one has to clear JEE mains as this is the eligibility test for JEE advanced. This test offer admission in below mention institutions:
- National Institute of Technology(NIIT)
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs, IIITDM, and IIITM).
- Government central and state level institutions
- Various deemed universities and self-financed institutions.
Candidate must have passed 12th level or equivalent to appear in this test. Aspirants can appear for JEE test for three times.
- JEE Advanced: This is the next stage after JEE mains to get admission in engineering college. This is the only gateway to get one lucky seat from 10,000 seats available in different institutions. In India, this test is considered as one of the toughest tests amongst all entrance tastes. This test offer admission in 23 IIT’s of India. Check below to find JEE advanced 2017 pattern:
Exam Mode- Online or offline (Pen and paper based)
Number of paper: Two paper (Mandatory)
Number of sections- Three sections (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
Question paper type- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) as well as numerical questions
Exam timing- Total 3 hours will be provided to each paper.
Language- Hindi, and English
Marking scheme: There is negative marking for some questions.
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) EEE: This engineering entrance test is conducted by Vellore Institute of India. It is a popular private engineering college of India. This entrance offer admission in VIT Vellore and VIT Chennai.
Note: Candidate has to get at least 60 % in PCM/ PCB in 12th to appear on this test. For SC/ST/OBC aggregate should be 50 percent.
- BITSAT: Birla Institute of Technology and Science admission test is a computer-based test conducted by Birla Institute of India. This test is also counted as toughest test for engineering admission. This test offer students admission in BITS Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa colleges.
Note: Students having 75 percent in PCM are eligible for this test.
- WBJEE: West Bengal Joint engineering entrance is popular entrance test. Every year almost 2 lakh aspirants apply this test. Student’s wants to get admission in West Bengal can go for this test.
Note: Candidate must have passed 12th from West Bengal Council or equivalent from other recognized council. For reserved category seats, the candidate must need West Bengal domicile.
Hope these tests give you an idea of the various popular tests you need to take if you are willing to follow an engineering career in the future.